Friday, October 23, 2009

Improving My Faculty Facilities

Hello people! I’m going to talk about my faculty, specifically about the needs that it has.

Well, I’m a Chilean psychology student. I’m studying at Universidad de Chile, one of the most important Chilean universities. My university receives a fund contribution from government but that is not enough to maintain in a good shape all the facilities. My faculty doesn’t have the worst conditions but still has many needs. I’m studying at Facultad de Ciencias Sociales (Facso), which in English means “Social Sciences Faculty”. This faculty has four careers, for each one there are many needs, I’m going to talk about psychology ones.

Talking in a macro term, the faculty need more classrooms. Many classes, tutorials, etcetera, can’t be done because the lack of it. Also, the university wants to increase the number of students per year but it can’t because the classrooms.

One big need in FACSO is the lack of good psychology laboratories. There is one but it doesn’t have the conditions to carry out good experiments and doesn’t have the sufficient infrastructure to admit all the class students. Also we need a Neuropsychology lab, this is imperative because the university is getting behind other universities in matter of scientific academic research.
We need also a good student room. We don’t have it so we are forced to go to other faculties to study or just to our homes.

To solve these major needs we have to send a petition to the authorities, and wait for the approval. This is very difficult because there are many bureaucracy in the university.
Thanks for reading.
Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment